1 carton SHORE Miso Ramen Broth
2 spring onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
140g arborio rice
150g garden peas
1 large handful of spinach
1 medium steak
1 tbsp Togarashi
½ cucumber, shaved into ribbons
2 carrots, shaved into ribbons
1 tbsp soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Thumb sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
1 tsp mixed sesame seeds
- In a bowl, prepare the salad by combining the cucumber, carrots, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Mix well and leave to sit in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ the butter, add garlic and white parts of the spring onions. Gently fry until golden.
- Add the rice and toast for 5 mins, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/4 of the Miso Ramen Broth and stir. Cook until absorbed and repeat until all the broth is used up. If the rice isn’t fully cooked, continue this process with boiling water until the rice is just tender.
- Add the spinach, peas, spring onions, greens and remaining butter. Stir through until the butter has melted and the veg softened. Cover and let it sit for a further 2 mins.
- Serve with a soft-boiled egg, slices of medium rare steak.
- Finish with a sprinkle of togarashi and sesame seeds.